BCRTA has canceled all 2021 spring luncheon meetings but plans are being made to meet in person this fall. Make your own plans to reunite with old friends and colleagues at the September luncheon meeting and if you are a retired teacher living in Brown County or a retired teacher from Brown County Schools that has never been to a meeting, fall will be the perfect time to join us!
BCRTA President Bev Logterman is the new Area 8 Director for the Indiana Retired Teachers Association. Area 8 includes Brown, Daviess, Greene, Knox, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Owen, and Sullivan Counties. Congratulations and woohoo Bev!
The Brown County Retired Teachers Association welcomes all those retired educators now living in Brown County who spent their working years in the field of education. Four times each year we gather to enjoy lunch, reminisce, share, and learn. We plan meetings that inspire, inform, and entertain. Our meetings fall on the second Tuesday of May, June, September, and October. We meet at noon, alternating meeting sites around our community. Our members are involved and active in community service, volunteering hundreds of hours each year representing a wide variety of member interests.
BCRTA: OUR PURPOSE
• To serve as a local unit of the Indiana Retired Teachers Association (IRTA link below);
• To maintain and improve the social, educational, economic, and recreational welfare and status of retired educators in the local community, state, and nation;
• To help retired teachers maintain identity with the teaching profession, to further the cause of education and to provide opportunities for contact with friends and associates;
• To gather and disseminate information of value to members;
• To provide an organizational framework through which retired educators can continue a life of service to fellow members, their active colleagues, and the community;
• To respond to community needs, and to encourage retired teachers to contribute their talents and experience to the decision-making process in their local communities;
• To encourage active educators to prepare for retirement;
• To familiarize retired and active teachers with the benefits of membership in the local, state, and national associations.
THE PURPOSE OF THE IRTA
IRTA is a non-partisan association that does not endorse candidates nor have a political action committee. We are respected for this non-partisan approach.
IRTA is committed to being:
Your planning resource – by providing information and guidance before and during retirement.
Your voice in the Indiana General Assembly – by promoting your welfare as legislators consider your retirement benefits.
Your benefit provider – by offering discounts on many goods and services (such as travel) from partners who appreciate your many years of service. (click on the link to the IRTA website below)
Your social connection – by hosting local chapter meetings, regional events and travel opportunities where you can enjoy time with other retired colleagues.